Friday, February 8, 2019

Sealy Ride


Longest Ride Yet! 

Those last 8 miles from the rest stop were brutal (straight into the wind!)
I spoke with my coach after this ride and told him how destroyed I felt. It turns out that I'm not giving myself enough fluids/electrolytes/calories while I'm riding. So, we spoke about nutrition, and on my next ride I'm going to make some major adjustments. 

Also, there was one hill that was a 9% grade! It was so steep that I ran out of gears and was worried that I didn't have enough forward to keep myself on my bike. So, I stopped and climbed off the bike and pushed my bike up to the top of the hill. It turns out that I was not the only person who did this. 

In addition, I bought a strap to attach my phone to my handlebars of my bike. Now, I am able to download the route to an app called "Ride with GPS" and it gives me audio cues for turns. The previous week, no-one in my group had this and we got lost trying to make all of the turns using paper maps. Oops.

I borrowed these next to photos from my friend Lisa's Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment