Friday, October 2, 2020

I've discoverd the Peloton App

 I'm obsessed. 


I've heard that people get obsessed with Peloton, but I had to try it for myself to learn that it's easy to become addicted to. 

I was not interested in buying a $2500+ bike to do home workouts. I prefer to do workouts in a class with a coach. There is something about the energy from a live class with the music thumping loud and the coach yelling at you and the other riders encouraging you (and a leader board...)

Enter Covid.

I've basically been home fore seven months at this point. No gyms. And, I've gained [redacted] pounds. 

I saw an article somewhere about the Peloton app. It's free the first month and then $12.99/mo after that. I have a road bike and a trainer and thought I would check it out. So, I downloaded Peloton on my Roku. 

My first class was a 20 minute low impact ride. I was hooked from the first minute.

Since then, I've discovered themed rides. I have now taken classes with all 80s music, Broadway music, and an all Backstreet Boys class.


And, this is just the cycling.

I also have access to ALL of Peloton's classes, and there are thousands of them. I have done strength classes, yoga classes, stretching, and now meditations. I do a stretching class after every cycling and strength class. Also, I have enjoyed all of the instructors.

I've done all of this with equipment I already had at home (that was collecting dust).

OBSESSED 

No comments:

Post a Comment