Monday, March 25, 2019

Anderson Ride



Gorgeous sunrise before the ride started

If you see bluebonnets, you have to take a photo. 

I'm such a Texan. 

I reported a cop to the Grimes County Sheriff's Department mid-ride. I was riding on the right side of the lane on a rural farm road when a cop came flying past me and got on his speaker yelling at me to "GET OFF THE ROAD!" except, there was nowhere to go because the shoulder was about 3 inches. He then u-turned, sped up until he got right behind me then slammed on his brakes and got back on the speaker yelling "GET OFF THE ROAD!" He scared me and I jumped up on my bike and almost fell off. Anyway, I didn't feel safe with him on the road. When I got to the next big intersection, I looked up the sheriff's department and reported him for intimidation. I was shaken. I considered riding back to my car and calling it a day. But, another guy from my club told me to shake it off and keep going. I'm glad I did. I found out later that he was harassing a lot of people in our club that day. There are a lot of people out there who just don't like cyclists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment