Saturday, April 20, 2019

Wallis Ride (Last training ride!)


This is it! The last ride before the MS150 next weekend. Also, my birthday!

I've done 3 60+ miles in the last 4 weekends.

I'm about as trained as I'm going to be. This week is all about easy maintenance rides to keep my legs loose, proper nutrition, packing, and not freaking myself out.

Our first rest stop of the day was a historical marker at San Felipe de Austin.





We rode past our club's Adopt a Highway sign

The rest stop was full of gravel, so I walked across the street to some pavement and started stretching. We were 45 miles in at this point and my back and shoulders were sore. Lisa got a photo of me from across the street. 

Heading back out for the final 18 miles.

The club trailer past me on the way home

I stopped at the chiropractor on the way home to get my back adjusted after all of that riding. Always a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment